Add to Technorati Favorites

Idea IS the format

The occasional downtime of Daniel W. E. Light
   or   

Ploggle Updates  -  What is Ploggle?

Twitter Updates    I'm 'danlight' on Twitter - follow me

Saturday 15 December 2007

WHY SO SERIOUS?

So there I am, minding my own business on a friday morning, trying to get everything pointed in the right direction, then somebody says something about DARK KNIGHT teaser posters, and my ears prick up. That's the thing about this whole fanboy malarkey. There's no shortage of stuff to get excited about.


This could so easily be a comic book cover, especially close-up. Batman looks very lonely and forlorn, his back turned, his head slightly cowed.




The parellels between this and the first poster are pretty obvious, although it's anybody's guess what's on the Joker's mind, and exactly what it is he's planning to do with that brutally prosaic switchblade.



This is a great treatment, blurring the lines between the two characters. Anyone else noticing a crucifixion pose in the lips? Please tell me it's not just me.



I couldn't find this as a straight one-sheet, but I have Dark Horizons and whoever that is you can just make out reflected in the glass to thank for this pic of a fourth teaser. For me, this is the closest anyone's come to showing me my Joker. The crude and unnatural positioning of the head and body, all detail concealed by the mists of moral ambiguity, left to our virulent imaginations.

And the punchline. That's no 'crazy-looking' typeface, created by some font technician in Seattle who turned up to work in a funny mood. That's real blood, sweat and tears, scrawled across the page with a child's paintbrush, resolving into a deranged smile.

"Why so serious?" Good question. But quit looking at me funny.

Labels:


posted by Dan Light  # 00:13
del.icio.usdiggspurlwistssimpynewsvineblinklistfurlredditfarkblogmarksyahoo bookmarkssmarkingmagnoliasegnalogift tagging
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008  


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]