Add to Technorati Favorites

Idea IS the format

The occasional downtime of Daniel W. E. Light
   or   

Ploggle Updates  -  What is Ploggle?

Twitter Updates    I'm 'danlight' on Twitter - follow me

Thursday 8 May 2008

Another brick in the wall

I first heard that Lego were creating a virtual world of their own - Lego Universe - about six months ago, and I knew then that it had MASSIVE potential.

Now I see this concept art on the blog of friend and collaborator Annie Ok, originating from an article on Reuters announcing that Lego Universe will be launching next year, letting players 'create online versions of themselves and interact with each other'.



I often cite Lego as the point of origin for my career as a web develop and interactive marketer. Even as a child I had an innate appreciation of its integral fusion of aesthetics and narrative, and the freedom this gave me to unleash my imagination in colourful and compelling ways. Truth be told, my inner child is pretty damn excited about Lego Universe, and can't wait to introduce my actual kids to what I hope will be a world of consumate creativity and user-generated story-telling.


posted by Dan Light  # 01:10
del.icio.usdiggspurlwistssimpynewsvineblinklistfurlredditfarkblogmarksyahoo bookmarkssmarkingmagnoliasegnalogift tagging
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008  


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]