Add to Technorati Favorites

Idea IS the format

The occasional downtime of Daniel W. E. Light
   or   

Ploggle Updates  -  What is Ploggle?

Twitter Updates    I'm 'danlight' on Twitter - follow me

Sunday 10 August 2008

Life's a beach



This picture was taken a couple of weekends ago, when my dad's side of the family got together for a seventieth birthday party in Porlock. We didn't see them as much as my mum's side when we were growing up, and it was great to be reminded what an unusual and interesting group of people they are.

Lola and I went down to the beach, with a few others. My sister was there, she took this photo. It reminds me of pictures I've seen of my dad when I was Lola's age. As a family we spent a lot of time at the beach, all along the English coastline, pottering around.

It was somewhere we all seemed to be able to find something to occupy ourselves, but often that would be no more than to sit around together turning over rocks, looking into pools, talking things over.

To a passer-by might have looked as though we were just passing time. But we were in a tidal zone, where the water meets the shore, waves washing over rocks, teeming with life. It was where I saw my family come alive. Now I get to see it all over again.

posted by Dan Light  # 15:13
del.icio.usdiggspurlwistssimpynewsvineblinklistfurlredditfarkblogmarksyahoo bookmarkssmarkingmagnoliasegnalogift tagging
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008  


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]